- by admin
I ordered all parts and do it for simplicity flying wire.
I made the housing from wood. The front and rear panels are 3 mm birch plywood and the sides are 8mm beech plywood.
Beech plywood 8 mm
1 piece 136 mm x 100 mm
2 piece 92 mm x 100 mm
1 piece 120 mm x 100 mm
birch plywood 3 mm
2 piece 120 mm x 84 mm
I only screwed the lid. That allows enough space to work.
I drill the front and back panels and then glued all parts except the lid. Then I mix gypsum and primed all visible sides. After drying everything was sanded off, so that a smooth surface could be formed and then painted black.
For the front I made a layout with the free front panel designer from Schaeffer and printed it as a PDF. Then I cut out the elements and glued it. Then I sprayed everything with clear lacquer.
I unfortunately have set the order of the instruments differently than they are controlled in the program, as you can see on the pictures
The correct order is:
- Bass Drum
Here again the front and back panel at the finished instrument.
You can see that the labels are glued, but I think that is OK.
What does it cost:
|1 x||Arduino Nano Compatible||1,84 €|
|9 x||Miniature toggle switch||1,99 €|
|2 x||Potetiometer 10k Lin (hier 5 x)||1,82 €|
|2 x||Rotary Knob 6mm Blue (hier 10 x)||1,16 €|
|1 x||Built-In Jack 3,5mm||0,85 €|
|1 x||Barrel Connector Socket Ø = 2,1mm||0,27 €|
|1 x||Ceramic Capacitor 100N||0,07 €|
|1 x||Electrolytic Capacitor 10 uF||0,11 €|
|1 x||Resistor 1 kOhm||0,082 €|
|1 x||LED, 5 mm, Red||0,06 €|
|1 x||Resistor 680 Ohm||0,082 €|
|Wood cuttings||ca. 5,00 €|
|Colour and small parts||ca. 8,00 €|
|ca. 20,00 €|
What is still needed is either a 9 Volt plug-in power supply or an adapter to connect to a 9 Volt block battery.
For a new version, I have created a circuit diagram with ExpressSCH and designed a board with ExpressPCB. In addition I have an LED and a connector for the reset signal as pulse display, and a MIDI output and a connector for the clock signal provided.
I do not like at all the patterns to be adjusted via a normal potentiometer. It would be more beautiful with a rotary switch. Maybe later on I’ll make a new version with a rotary switch.
I found on a side Korg Mini-Pops DIY Drum Machine and further on The O2 source code. I thought, I’d like to try that out. I ordered all parts and do it for simplicity flying wire. I made the housing from wood. The front and rear panels are 3 mm birch plywood and the sides…